Saturday, December 12, 2009

Winter Windsurfing Becoming a Legitimate Sport

Winter WindsurfingWinter windsurfing is a newer sport that is just catching on across the world that is being used by die hard windsurfers to enjoy our great sport year round. Even in the coldest of weathers these intrepid sailors have taken windsurfing off of the water and onto the ice cold frozen lakes of the world.  Just recently Winter Windsurfing Racing Rules has teamed up with ISAF Racing Rules of Sailing and Funboard Class Association to create a set of rules an regulations to legitimately take winter windsurfing/ice surfing onto the world stage. Please check out the following link for more information about this exciting news. legitimate

.

1 comment:

John Marzec said...

hey I live in Michigan and enjoy windsurfing in the summer I have gotten pretty good
one day I thought of doing it with a ice and I started building my contraption
it is a tri-ski design because stability is my main priority, it is 23 inchs wide and 64 inchs front of the middle tip to back of the ends on the sides
I found out I wasn't the first to try this
I wounder if anyone would be willing to answer a few questions.

1: is my design way to wide and will it flex a lot even with cross members.
2: will 3 skis be to much resistance
3: could I use old cross country skis
4: how heavy are most designs
5: how big are most sails I am using the sail I use in the summer, I only have one
6: are skates better than skis