Sunday, February 12, 2006

Barbado-thon Phase 3 picks up where Phase 1 and 2 left off.

A slow start to the day (plane out of Miami was 3 hours late, so into hotel at 2am), unpacking, getting groceries, finding where Glenn left my gear, setting up the 2 boards I brought down and rigging up the 5.3 Gaastra Manic.

Unbelievably, I finally got on the water - was immediately WAY overpowered on the 5.3. That woke me up in a hurry! While the wind was a little side off, the waves were unreal - straight on shore, clean, spread out, steep and quite vertical for big jumps - and no sizeable shore break. So back in to rig the 4.7 Manic and very nicely powered on the Fanatic NewWave 81.

The wind backed off a bit, then went more side and finally side on-shore, so ended up with the 5.3 on the 2006 Fanatic FreeWave 88 I brought down this trip - and it is unreal! So fun in the waves, quick, loose, planes early, great for jumping and a dream to jibe. Sorry Glenn - I should have brought it down in January. You could have used it tons with all the 5.7 and 5.3 days you had.

Have to download the pics from the downwind race out of Surfers Point to Silver Sands won by Trevor Hunt - after I go to the dinner and party this evening at Surfers Bay Beach Bar - a 5 minute walk from Silver Sands.

Yes, it's great to be back at Silver Sands!

No comments: