Friday, December 16, 2005

Update Your Old Boards

Old boards can be lots of fun using your new rigs with them. But it can be hard to rig newer high tension sails with the old mast bases. Put a Chinook Base Cup Kit on top the old universal and then you can use your modern mast extensions. I like using midsize ( 5-7 m) wave and freestyle sails with my Windsurfer One-Design. In 4 or 5 knots of wind you won't plane, so you might as well glide around with your light modern rig on a board that was built for those conditions.














Here Glenn is sailing a modern Exocet Cruiser while I am on the old One-Design. If the wind picks up we are ready, these rigs will go straight onto our freestyle boards.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I have an "80's ish" mistral SST board with the red twist to attach mast foot. I want to convert this foot to the Chinook US Cup. Do I have to remove the red twist, if so how the heck do I do that? It appears to have 2 set screws (tiny allen wrench) - but apparently they were put in with cement!